Starting cost per student: $20
Additional Info: $150 for one session
Max. Capacity: 20
Transportation Needed? No
Who Arranges Transportation?
Is Financial Assistance Offered? No
- basic music vocabulary, including pitch, rhythm, timbre, and tempo
- to identify different musical instruments by sight and sound
- to express themselves verbally when discussing the music
- to identify characteristics of different animals
- to understand the sound is caused by vibration
- to understand how different how different instruments create sound
Teaching artist Stephanie Daige will demonstrate various instruments for the students and explain how each creates sound in a unique way. Students will become involved in the exploration by listening to the music; discussing the composer’s choices of timbre, pitch, tempo, and rhythm for each character; and moving to the music.
It is a great way for students to have fun while learning about music, science, and practicing their language arts skills.
The virtual edition of this exploration will be presented on Zoom.
MU.K.C.1.2, MU.K.C.1.3, MU.K.C.3.1, MU.K.F.1.1, MU.K.O.1.2, MU.K.O.3.1, MU.1.C.1.1, MU.1.C.3.1, MU.1.O.3.1, MU.2.C.1.1, MU.2.C.1.2, MU.2.C.3.1, MU.2.O.1.1, MU.2.S.3.5, LACFSK.SL.1.2, LAFS.K.SL.2.4, LAFS.1.SL.2.4, LAFS.2.SL.1.3, LAFS.K.RF.2.2, SC.K.P.10.1, SC.K.P.12.1, SC.K.L.14.3, DA.K.S.1.1, DA.K.S.3.4, DA.1.S.1.1, DA.2.S.3.4, DA.1.S.3.4