Starting cost per student: $20
Additional Info: $400 per residency. This cost includes a pre-meeting with the classroom teacher, 3 visits by the teaching artist, music, and materials to make the puppets. Special deal: $700 for two classes, taught on the same day, back-to-back. $75 total extra travel fee for south Sarasota County or Manatee County Schools
Max. Capacity: 20
Transportation Needed? No
Who Arranges Transportation?
Is Financial Assistance Offered? Yes
- basic music vocabulary, including pitch, rhythm, timbre, and tempo
- to identify different musical instruments by sight and sound
- to express themselves verbally when discussing the music
- to identify characteristics of different animals
- to understand the sound is caused by vibration
- to understand how different how different instruments create sound
Teaching artist Stephanie Daige will demonstrate various instruments for the students and explain how each creates sound in a unique way. Students will become involved in the exploration by listening to the music; discussing the composer’s choices of timbre, pitch, tempo, and rhythm for each character; creating puppets to represent the different characters; and moving to the music using their puppets.
It is a great way for students to have fun while learning about music, science, and practicing their language arts skills.
MU.K.C.1.2, MU.K.C.1.3, MU.K.C.3.1, MU.K.F.1.1, MU.K.O.1.2, MU.K.O.3.1, MU.1.C.1.1, MU.1.C.3.1, MU.1.O.3.1, MU.2.C.1.1, MU.2.C.1.2, MU.2.C.3.1, MU.2.O.1.1, MU.2.S.3.5, LACFSK.SL.1.2, LAFS.K.SL.2.4, LAFS.1.SL.2.4, LAFS.2.SL.1.3, LAFS.K.RF.2.2, SC.K.P.10.1, SC.K.P.12.1, SC.K.L.14.3, DA.K.S.1.1, DA.K.S.3.4, DA.1.S.1.1, DA.2.S.3.4, DA.1.S.3.4