Starting cost per student: $0.72
Additional Info: $72 (Save 10% off regular price of $80. Your EdExploreSRQ discount will appear on your invoice.)
Max. Capacity: 100
Transportation Needed? No
Who Arranges Transportation? Other (see description)
Is Financial Assistance Offered? Yes
by Ann Downer and illustrated by Shennen Bersani
Spring into virtual learning and go on an ocean egg hunt with us. When Shark Baby’s egg case is torn loose in a storm, he goes on a journey across kelp forests, coral reefs, and seagrass meadows. He needs to find the “mermaid” to figure out where he belongs. Will he make his way back? Read along with us to find out. We read this fictional story aloud with your students and then engage in a learning segment to help build critical thinking skills, promote oral language skills, fluency, pronunciation, STEM engagement, and reading comprehension. A special thanks to Arbordale Publishing for making this lesson possible.
- REQUEST THIS LESSON (requests processed by our booking partners at CILC.org)
- Recommended for Ages (Grades): 5–9 (K–3rd)
- Duration: 🕜 up to 30 minutes
- Price: $72 (Save 10% off regular price of $80. Your EdExploreSRQ discount will appear on your invoice.)
- Enhance your Mote Exploration with these free activities:
- Before: Download the Teaching Activities from Arbordale Publishing
- During: Play our free online BingoBaker vocabulary game: bingobaker.com/play/0c894f6c79432984
- After: Ask Us Anything About the Ocean: flipgrid.com/seatrek
Free Tech Check
- ☎️ SCHEDULING HELPLINE: firstname.lastname@example.org or (941) 388-2904
We want to make this the best experience possible for your learners. Book a free tech check and test your connectivity, audio and video anytime. We can also give you a brief preview of our award-winning lessons.
Financial Assistance Offered? Full or partial discounts may available for Title 1 Schools or schools with a student population >40% free and reduced lunches. Please contact us for more information. Our ExploreSRQ listings are eligible for funding from the Community Foundation of Sarasota County, as well as the Education Foundation of Sarasota County.
SC.K.N.1.5, SC.K.L.14.2, SC.K.L.14.3, SC.1.N.1.1, SC.1.N.1.2, SC.1.N.1.3, SC.1.L.16.1, SC.1.L.17.1,
SC.2.N.1.1, SC.2.N.1.3, SC.2.N.1.6, SC.2.L.17.1, SC.2.L.17.2LACC.K.RL.1.1, LACC.K.RL.1.3, LACC.K.RL.3.7, LAFS.K.RL.4.10, LAFS.K.RF.1.1, LAFS.K.RF.3.3, LAFS.K.RI.1.1, LAFS.K.RI.1.2, LAFS.K.RI.1.3, LAFS.K.RI.3.7, LAFS.K.RI.4.10, LAFS.K.SL.1.1, LAFS.K.SL.1.2, LAFS.K.SL.1.3, LAFS.K.SL.2.6, LAFS.K.L.1.1, LAFS.K.L.3.6, LAFS.1.RL.1.1, LAFS.1.RL.1.2, LAFS.1.RL.1.3, LAFS.1.RL.3.7 , LAFS.1.RI.1.1, LAFS.1.RI.1.2, LAFS.1.RI.1.3, LAFS.1.RI.3.7, LAFS.1.SL.1.1, LAFS.1.SL.1.2, LAFS.1.SL.1.3, LAFS.1.SL.2.6, LAFS.1.L.1.1, LAFS.2.RL.1.1, LAFS.2.RL.1.3, LAFS.2.RL.3.7, LAFS.2.RI.1.1, LAFS.2.SL.1.1, LAFS.2.SL.1.3, LAFS.2.SL.2.6, LAFS.2.L.1.1, LAFS.2.L.2.3
SEA Me Read: Shark Baby