Starting cost per student: $0
Additional Info: FREE for all Sarasota County 5th grade classes. Our thanks to the Southwest Florida Water Management District for making this possible.
Max. Capacity: 25
Transportation Needed? No
Who Arranges Transportation?
Is Financial Assistance Offered? Yes
Wild About Watersheds with Mote
Go on a virtual field trip focusing on water habitats, water quality, and methods of scientific research in estuarine environments. Using recorded videos and live science demonstrations, our educator will guide you through an exploration of estuarine habitats, introduce local plants and animals, explain the importance of estuaries, and share Mote’s research programs. FREE companion kits are available that include pre/post materials that will activate thinking, encourage engagement, assess comprehension, and extend learning beyond the field trip.
- ✅ REQUEST THIS LESSON (requests processed by our booking partners at CILC.org)
- Recommended for Ages (Grades): Recommended for ages 10–11 (grade 5).
- Duration: 🕐 up to 60 minutes
- Price: FREE for all Sarasota County 5th grade classes. Our thanks to the Southwest Florida Water Management District for making this possible.
FREE Companion Watershed Kits. These kits include activities/lessons and ALL the supplies needed to guide your students along during the live program or as a follow-up. Kits also include science tools to use in your classroom AND you can keep these kits forever. Made possible through funding from the Southwest Florida Water Management District. Watershed Kit Includes:
- Activities and lessons
- Mini quadrats (and make your own mini-quadrat instructions)
- Hydrometer-Measures salinity
- Water Quality container and tests