Starting cost per student: $0.72
Additional Info: $72 (Save 10% off regular price of $80. Your EdExploreSRQ discount will appear on your invoice.)
Max. Capacity: 100
Transportation Needed? No
Who Arranges Transportation? Other (see description)
Is Financial Assistance Offered? Yes
If A Dolphin Were A Fish
by Loran Wlordarski and illustrated by Laurie Allen Klein
Join Delfina the dolphin as she imagines that she becomes other animals. Readers will watch Delfina become a fish with gills, a sea turtle laying eggs, a pelican with feathers, an octopus without bones, a shark with a sense of smell and even a vegetarian manatee. The incredible “morphing” illustrations will have children laughing as they learn about the real differences between these animals! Join us on this ocean adventure as we discover what makes a mammal a mammal and how creatures have adapted to live in the sea.
We read this fictional story aloud with your students and then engage in a learning segment to help build critical thinking skills, promote oral language skills, fluency, pronunciation, STEM engagement, and reading comprehension. A special thanks to Arbordale Publishing for making this lesson possible.
- ✅ REQUEST THIS LESSON (requests processed by our booking partners at CILC.org)
- Recommended for Ages (Grades): 5–9 (K–3rd)
- Duration: 🕜 up to 30 minutes
- Price: $72 (Save 10% off regular price of $80. Your EdExploreSRQ discount will appear on your invoice.)
- Enhance your Mote Exploration with these free activities:
- Before: Download the Teaching Activities from Arbordale Publishing
- After: Ask Us Anything About the Ocean: flipgrid.com/seatrek
Free Tech Check
- ☎️ SCHEDULING HELPLINE: firstname.lastname@example.org or (941) 388-2904
We want to make this the best experience possible for your learners. Book a free tech check and test your connectivity, audio and video anytime. We can also give you a brief preview of our award-winning lessons.
Financial Assistance Offered? Full or partial discounts may available for Title 1 Schools or schools with a student population >40% free and reduced lunches. Please contact us for more information. Our ExploreSRQ listings are eligible for funding from the Community Foundation of Sarasota County, as well as the Education Foundation of Sarasota County.
SC.K.L.14.2, SC.K.L.14.3, SC.1.E.6.1, SC.1.L.16.1, SC.1.L.17.1, SC.2.L.17.2, SC.3.L.15.1, SC.3.L.17.1, SC.4.L.16.3, SC.4.L.16.4, SC.4.L.17.2, SC.5.L.14.2, SC.5.L.17.1
SEA Me Read: If A Dolphin Were A Fish