Starting cost per student: $0.72
Additional Info: 30 min, $72
Max. Capacity: 100
Who Arranges Transportation? Other (see description)
Is Financial Assistance Offered? Yes
Swimming With Sharks
The Daring Discoveries of Eugenie Clark
by Heather Lang and illustrated by Jordi Solano
In the 1930s few people dared to explore the depths of the sea, and none were women. But Genie wasn’t afraid. Follow “the Shark Lady” as she uncovers the mysteries of the world’s most feared fish! We read this biographical story aloud with your students and then engage in a learning segment to help build critical thinking skills, promote oral language skills, fluency, pronunciation, STEM engagement, and reading comprehension. A special thanks to Albert Whitman and Co. for making this lesson possible.
- ✴️ REQUEST THIS LESSON
- ❇️ Visit Mote’s Flipgrid Discovery Library for free resources related to this lesson
- 📑 Teacher’s Guide PDF and list of Common Core standards.
- 📑 Explore our online Shark Research exhibit: sway.office.com/V6on6yVbhRpFmtVX
- 📑 Play along during the program with a free online BingoBaker vocabulary game.
- 📑 Shark Parts student activity sheet.
- 🖥 How to Connect
LAFS.K.RL.1.1, SC.2.L.16.1, SC.2.L.17.2