Starting cost per student: $0.72
Additional Info: $72 (Save 10% off regular price of $80. Your EdExploreSRQ discount will appear on your invoice. All credit card transactions are subject to a base fee of $3.50 + 2.9% of your payment amount. This processing fee is non-refundable and is in addition to your program fees.)
Max. Capacity: 100
Who Arranges Transportation? Other (see description)
Is Financial Assistance Offered? Yes
Swimming With Sharks
The Daring Discoveries of Eugenie Clark
by Heather Lang and illustrated by Jordi Solano
In the 1930s few people dared to explore the depths of the sea, and none were women. But Genie wasn’t afraid. Follow “the Shark Lady” as she uncovers the mysteries of the world’s most feared fish! We read this biographical story aloud with your students and then engage in a learning segment to help build critical thinking skills, promote oral language skills, fluency, pronunciation, STEM engagement, and reading comprehension. A special thanks to Albert Whitman and Co. for making this lesson possible.
- ✅ REQUEST THIS LESSON (processed by our booking partners at CILC.org)
- Recommended for Ages (Grades): 7–10 (2nd–4th)
- Duration: 🕜 up to 30 minutes
- Price: $72 (Save 10% off regular price of $80. Your EdExploreSRQ discount will appear on your invoice.)
- Enhance your Mote Exploration with these free activities:
- Teacher’s Guide PDF and list of Common Core standards.
- Go on our Flipgrid Shark Photo Safari: flipgrid.com/f837fdf3
- Explore our online Shark Research exhibit: sway.office.com/V6on6yVbhRpFmtVX
- During: Play along during the program with a free online BingoBaker vocabulary game.
- After: Ask Us Anything About the Ocean: flipgrid.com/seatrek
Free Tech Check
- ☎️ SCHEDULING HELPLINE: email@example.com or (941) 388-2904
We want to make this the best experience possible for your learners. Book a free tech check and test your connectivity, audio and video anytime. We can also give you a brief preview of our award-winning lessons.
Financial Assistance Offered? Full or partial discounts may available for Title 1 Schools or schools with a student population >40% free and reduced lunches. Please contact us for more information. Our ExploreSRQ listings are eligible for funding from the Community Foundation of Sarasota County, as well as the Education Foundation of Sarasota County.
LAFS.K.RL.1.1, SC.2.L.16.1, SC.2.L.17.2