Starting cost per student: $6
Additional Info: Price is $150 per connection.
Max. Capacity: 25
Transportation Needed? No
Who Arranges Transportation? Other (see description)
Is Financial Assistance Offered? Yes
Visit Mote Marine Laboratory virtually with SeaTrek.TV!
Ages: Grades 3-8
Time: 50 minutes
Details: Our lively gameshow reveals why sea turtles are truly amazing reptiles. We discover what a hatchling needs to survive in the open ocean and then take a tour of our sea turtle exhibits.
Objectives: Students will learn about general reptile characteristics and the different species of sea turtles. Student will also learn where sea turtles live and nest and their basic adaptations to marine life. Finally students will learn why sea turtles are threatened and what conservation measures are being taken to protect them.
Overview: In this videoconference, Mote Marine Laboratory will present a media-rich videoconference on sea turtles. Topics presented include:
- Reptile characteristics game
- Nesting behaviour and turtle hatchling survival
- Unique turtle adaptations
- Role of sea turtles in the ecosystem
- Sea turtles species game
- Walkthrough of Mote’s sea turtle hospital
- Threats to sea turtles and sea turtle conservation
- Questions and Answers
- Webconferencing platforms like Safari Montage Live, Google+ and Skype
- H.323 videoconferencing (Cisco, Polycom, LifeSize, etc.)
We suggest a minimum of 10 students and a maximum of 35 students for optimum interactivity
Visit seatrek.tv to request this program.
SC.3.L.15.1, SC.3.L.17.1, SC.3.N.1.1, SC.3.N.1.4, SC.3.N.1.7, SC.4.L.16.3, SC.4.L.17.2, SC.4.L.17.4, SC.4.N.1.1, SC.4.N.1.8, SC.5.L.15.1, SC.5.L.17.1, SC.6.L.15.1, SC.7.L.15.2, S.C.7.L.15.3, SC.7.L.17.1, SC.7.L.17.3, SC.8.N.4.1, SC.8.N.4.2