Starting cost per student: $6.00
Max. Capacity: 25
Transportation Needed? No
Who Arranges Transportation?
Is Financial Assistance Offered? No
Hold your horses men, the circus is coming to town! Before television and radio, the circus poster tell the story of the newest circus arriving in town. Enticing words like Spectacular! Wondrous! and Astonishing! would describe the beautiful graphic artwork designed to draw an audience.
In this Exploration, provided by the Circus Arts Conservatory, learners will work as a team to deconstruct words and create new phrases. Students will use visual arts and language as tools to explore the world of words.
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.
- Determine or clarify meaning of unknown word.
- Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
- Identify and explain metaphors and hyperbole in texts.
- All supplies will be provided by The CAC.
- This exploration can also be presented digitally.
- Lesson plan is provided.
- Virtual PD upon requested.
ELA.3.R.3.1, ELA.3.R.3.2, ELA.3.C.1.4, ELA.3.V.1.3, ELA.4.R.3.1, ELA.4.C.1.5, ELA.4.C.5.1, ELA.4.V.1.3, ELA.5.F.1.3, ELA.5.R.3.1, ELA.5.C.5.1, VA.5.H.2.1, VA.5.H.2.2, VA.5.H.2.3, VA.5.S.1.1