EdExploreSRQ Interactive Career Series #3: So You Want to Explore Careers at an International Company that USES ROBOTS to Create Products?!”
“What you will find are collaborative people who enjoy their work. These are people whose ever-growing skills and knowledge eclipse the confines of any title. These are curious people who ask tough questions and work with each other to find answers. These are people who know what they’re good at and take ownership over the quality of their work, not because they report to someone, but because they are self-directed.” (Sun Hydraulics Human Resources)
- To obey the “golden rule” in all relations both within and without the company, no matter how difficult this may seem at the time.
- To respect the dignity of every individual and to be courteous at all times
- To honestly and fairly make and meet our commitments with customers, distributors, employees and suppliers, and to establish stable relationships with them.
- To be a leader in our chosen fields of activity in the development of our industry and community.
- To be a growing company so that employees are continually provided opportunities for additional responsibilities.
- To constantly improve our products and services so that they are worth more to our customers, and to constantly improve our operational methods so that we can afford higher than average wages.
- To provide steady and continuous employment for persons hired with reasonable working hours and safe working conditions.
- To encourage employee self-improvement and to promote from within whenever possible.
- To keep employees and stockholders informed of company policies, procedures, and plans.
“What we usually consider as impossible are simply engineering problems…
there is no law of physics preventing them.” (Michio Kaku, Author of Parallel World
Sun Hydraulics enourages employees to GET INVOLVED IN THE COMMUNITY!
–Junior Achievement: volunteers from the business community coming together to teach students of all ages real-world economics through hands-on experiential learning, opening their minds to their potential.
–Leadership Sarasota (The Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce): nurtures and engages the leadership skills of current and potential leaders, and includes community immersion, leadership training, and educating participants in “how things work” in the community and county.
–Sarasota-Manatee Manufacturers Association (SAMA): a group of locally-based manufacturers who work to create tomorrow’s workforce for today’s manufacturers.
“Manufacturing is more than just putting parts together.
It’s coming up with ideas, testing principals, and perfecting engineering.” ~James Dyson
About the EdExploreSRQ Interactive Career Exploration Series:
The Education Foundation and EdExploreSRQ partners have created this series to expand EdExploreSRQ by providing career exploration experiential field trips to middle school students whose career interests can be aligned with education programs in high school and beyond. “Providing interactive career exploration activities in high school may be too late. This early engagement is a key to helping students who are transitioning into high school to define their future” (ACT, 2015). After all, as quoted by America’s Promise Alliance, how do we expect young people to dream if they don’t know what they can dream about?! Those dreams include all types of careers, but only if students are aware of their existence. Such awareness not only benefits students but also benefits communities seeking a trained, “Home-grown” workforce. This initiative is in direct alignment with the Sarasota Chamber’s “STATE of JOBS” and “TALENT4TOMORROW & WORKFORCE” pillars!
Summer or Family Programs? Not at this Time